Sunday 5 February 2012

Testing the Clowns Continued!....


At the start of the session we each had a go of walking out from behind the curtain as a clown and just simply stand there with the red nose the (the exercise we did with Jon Davidson) Sounds like a daunting exercise I know! However it is an excellent way to start exploring clowning with a sense of neutrality. In this process we realise the impact of speech and how that made it a lot easier because we were able to communicate however that made us explore the power of silence! Also the impact that has on us as clowns


    Then we really got into it by now and we all feel comfortable with the exercise we wanted to start exploring the use of make-up and how that may or may not change the way we perform/ react as a clown. We each picked a picture then went all PICASSO and  painted it on one another and I have to say for beginners... we did a pretty good job!


    I found it all very therapeutic I was also completely in control of somebody else's face which is an awful lot of pressure and you as the artist have quite alot of power over them because you are in control! This is something possibly to be explored within our process.... After our little painting se we decided to repeat the clown game again and see if it did have an effect on us but to do it purposefully but naturally. I personally felt a big change and I was aware of the face I had on and  it did effect the way I behaved and interacted it made me feel like I had more character it made me feel like a CLOWN ;).




This was such a FUN FILLED session what a lovely way to start my birthday 21st!!!




Peace, Love and Clowns

No comments:

Post a Comment